Friday, July 23, 2010

Calling All Island Lovers


This one comes from Erin. Neither of us has tried it yet, so who will be the first to provide a review? I can hear the waves crashing already!

Tropical Smoothie (from Natural Health Magazine):

1 cup frozen mango
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup frozen peaches
1.5 cups coconut water (See below for more info about this oh-so-good-for-you drink)
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 tablespoon agave nectar (Maybe not necessary with all that fruit? You could also add honey instead.)

Friends, meet Coconut Water: It's a good electrolyte replacement after workouts without the sugar and crap of sports drinks. Also, it's lower in calories and fat than coconut milk. Plus, it's a good source of MCFA (medium chain fatty acids), which are good for brain development. Aren't we all in need of a little brain developing? I just bought my first carton of coconut water this week...looking forward to giving it a try!

Surf's Up!

Cheers, Jean

2 comments:

  1. My guess is that our mango loving friend Chimmy will be the first to try this one.

    And, I echo the coconut water sentiments ... it really is an excellent "recovery" drink after strenuous workouts. Wish I'd had one after 6am hot yoga today. Oy vey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I tried it after a run yesterday and it was delish! Loved it. Thanks for yet another great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete